Helping children who have been orphaned by parents with HIV/AIDS is our sole mission. A tidal wave of death is sweeping across Africa. HIV/AIDS is destroying nations, communities and families; the children are the most vulnerable. Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by a merciless disease that could claim the parents of over 20 million children by 2010. Only a united Christian effort can turn the tide. The Mission of Stand for Africa is to turn ignorance into awareness; indifference into compassion; and despair into hope. HIV/AIDS could kill a continent and the dreams of a generation... but NOT if we Stand for Africa and stand for the children affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa .
Stand for Africa Supports World Relief Malawi Empowering Rural Women and Men to Save and Loan
The purpose of this funding is to provide a much-needed methodology to help rural women and men save and receive loans from these savings (social funds). This financial saving is essential in overcoming economic shocks and in providing a low-cost source of credit. Read more...
what can a dollar do?
What can a dollar do in America?
- Sit on your dresser as change
- Get lost in the bottom of your purse
- Buy a pack of gum
- Buy an inexpensive cup of coffee
- Buy a cheap toy in a dollar store
- Buy a small box of french fries
What can a dollar do in Africa?
- Pay for a doctor's visit
- Purchase Malaria cure for three people
- Feed one child three meals for a day
- Buy a pair of pants, a shirt and some underpants for a small child
- Buy enough water for a family of three to drink for a week
Make a choice!